1. Protecting your privacy
Federal legislation regulates how Ganbina must manage personal information. Ganbina is committed to complying with the requirements of this important legislation and to helping our supporters understand how we do that.
We will review this Policy from time to time and we will always have it publicly available on our website.
2. Your personal information
The kinds of personal information collected by Ganbina may (but does not always) include:
- The names, contact information (e.g., mailing address, phone number and email address), date of birth, gender and financial information (e.g., bank account or credit card details) of our donors.
- Details of our donors’ donation history, emails, letters and other interactions with Ganbina.
- A donor’s employer’s details in regards to workplace giving.
- The names and email addresses of persons who subscribe to our emails.
3. How we collect personal information
There are a number of ways we collect data. Ganbina usually collects your personal information directly from you when you provide it over the phone, through our website, by email or in person when you are making a gift to Ganbina.
If someone makes a donation on your behalf, and asks that you receive information about their gift, we will collect the personal information they provide about you.
If you wish, you can remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when you make a donation and we will respect your anonymity. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not, however, be able to provide you with an official tax-deductible receipt or a letter of thanks or assist you fully with your query or complaint.
4. How we store personal information
Ganbina understands the importance of protecting your personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access or use, and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure.
Ganbina holds your personal information securely through physical and electronic means. We have restricted physical access to our offices, hard copy files are stored in secure cabinets and store rooms, and our staff are trained in our privacy procedures.
Ganbina will destroy or de-identify your personal information when we no longer need it for the purpose for which it was collected, unless the law requires otherwise. If you send us your personal information when we don’t ask for it, we will determine whether or not the information is related to one or more of our activities. If the information is not relevant to what we do, we may destroy or de-identify the personal information if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
5. How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to carry out our charitable and related activities. For example, we use your personal information to:
- Process any donations you may send to us.
- Send you information about Ganbina including newsletters and updates.
- Update you if we have information that may affect your support.
- Confirm who you are when you contact us.
- Respond to your questions, comments, compliments or complaints.
6. Opting Out
If you wish to opt out of communications you are currently receiving from Ganbina, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Disclosing your information
We respect that who we share your information with is important to you. Ganbina will not disclose information about you to any individuals or organisations apart from our staff or contractors hired by us.
Additional questions regarding privacy and Ganbina
Documentation supporting this Policy
- Ganbina’s Privacy Principles Policy
- Federal Privacy Act
- National Privacy Principles